10 August 2012

H & B Kitchen: Creamy Shrimp Pasta

You are 10 steps away from the best (and easiest) pasta dish this side of heaven.

It's what I served to the multitudes at my dinner table last night.

I came home at 5pm yesterday - tired after being out all day - to find extra people had been invited to stay for dinner...but that no-one had made an attempt to start said dinner....

I could feel the indignation start to rise in my chest.

"Careful' the Lord cautioned me.

"Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7
  My heart immediately smiles sheepish. Yes Lord.

I touch one of the gentlemen on his arm. They pause mid conversation for me to speak. Smling I ask "Is there anything you men do not eat?" One answers "Meat".  The others shake their heads. Ahh, well now, that's good and easy. All that getting huffy for nothing I murmur admonishingly to myself.

And after the meal and after Lifestyler Husband has read us from the bible and I have snuck in a couple of chapters of our current read aloud, I invite the visitors to stay the night as they have travelled far. They gratefully accept and Pilot son and I gather and haul bedding and pillows and make up beds.

(the sojourner has not lodged in the street; I have opened my doors to the traveler), - Job 31:32

Creamy shrimp Pasta Recipe




Ingredients:
  • 700g penne pasta, uncooked
  • 1kg shrimps or prawns (Omit or substitute for other)
  • 2 T butter
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 large onions
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1 C white wine
  • 400 g can tomato sauce
  • 500 ml heavy cream
  • 2 T fresh parsley
  • 2 T fresh basil
  • 2 t salt and pepper
Directions:
  1. Cook pasta to until a la dente, set aside.
  2. Cook shrimp in 1 T butter and 1T olive oil in a pan.
  3. Remove to a plate.
  4. Add the rest of the butter and oil to pan, cook onion and garlic until tender.
  5. Put cooked shrimp on cutting board, cut into small pieces.
  6. Add wine to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
  7. Add tomato sauce and mix well.
  8. Add cream and stir well, mix in cut up shrimp.
  9. Add cooked pasta and fresh herbs.
  10. Enjoy!








Weekend Webativity: Dessert anyone??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind message